In this policy, HealthWork International means HealthWork International Pty Ltd (ABN 67 651 761 723) and its subsidiaries:
· AHP Workforce Pty Ltd (ABN 41 650 186 593)
· Healthwork Solutions Pty Ltd (ABN 69 651 498 109)
· Healthwork IP Pty Ltd (ABN 82 651 761 849)
· Healthwork Mapping Pty Ltd (ABN 45 656 886 154
· The Allied Health Academy Pty Ltd (ABN 35 661 494 113)
· Healthwork Publishing Pty Ltd (ABN 38 656 886 501)
You can contact HealthWork International by email at [email protected] or by mail to:
HealthWork International Privacy Officer
Level 8, The Annex,
12 Creek Street
Brisbane QLD 4000
The intellectual property in and on the site is owned by Healthwork IP Pty Ltd, unless clearly marked otherwise.
HealthWork International recognises your right to privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”).
Service Provider Activities
Some of HealthWork International’s businesses act as service providers, and may collect, receive, use, store and disclose personal Information in that capacity. For example:
· HealthWork Solutions is a service provider for professional associations, providing association management and secretariat support.
· AHP Workforce provides consultancy services.
· The Allied Health Academy may establish communities of practice, courses or plans on behalf of organisational customers.
The following definitions are paraphrased from the Privacy Act, for readability. You can view the complete definitions by visiting legislation.gov.au and searching for Privacy Act.
- Personal information means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether or not the information or opinion is: true; or recorded in a material form.
- Sensitive information covers personal information which the Privacy Act deems to be sensitive. It includes things like information or an opinion about a person’s religious or other beliefs, finances, membership of particular associations, racial or ethnic origin or sexual orientation, and their health information.
Collecting your personal information
HealthWork International collects personal information to enable us to provide services and information to our clients and website users, and to understand the market for our services.
We will only collect personal information by lawful and fair means. We primarily collect personal information directly from you (for example, through our interaction with you or your use of our website).
The type of personal information collected will depend on your interaction with HealthWork International. For example:
· If you subscribe to the Allied Health Insights newsletter or another HealthWork International communication we will collect your email address so as to send you the communication, along with a small amount of professional demographic information in order to understand the communication’s reader base.
· If you register for a course, plan or a community through The Allied Health Academy, or to be kept up-to-date about potential services, we will collect your email address and basic information about you to enable us to do that, for understanding of the course/platform participants (for the purposes of demographic understanding of participants and prospective participants, and for potential tailoring of content).
· If you register to advertise your business, event or job vacancy through our website and newsletter, we will collect the information required for the advertisement as well as your contact details, and the financial information required to pay for service.
· If you make a contact enquiry, we will collect certain information from you so we can investigate and respond to your enquiry.
If you do not provide us with the minimum amount of personal information required for the circumstance, we may not be able to provide you the service you would like us to or resolve your enquiry.
We do not collect financial information. We use commercial third party payment gateways on all of our sites, such as Stripe.
We do not generally collect sensitive information. If we have some reason to collect this type of information, we will do so directly from you and the request for information will be covered by a separate privacy notice.
If we receive unsolicited personal information, or information we would not ordinarily be permitted to collect, we will ordinarily destroy or de-identify that information.
Use of your personal information
HealthWork International will keep your personal information while ever we are legally obliged to keep it, or until the need for us to hold that personal information has passed, at which point it will be destroyed, deleted or de-identified with only a minimum amount of information retained for audit purposes.
Our use of your personal information will depend on your interaction with us, e.g. to fulfil a service request, to send you the Allied Health Insights newsletter, enrol you in a course, plan or community of practice, or to respond to enquiries.
We may also use your personal information for a purpose which is secondary to the one for which it was collected if you would reasonably expect us to do that and the secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose. We do not normally collect sensitive information but, if we have collected this information from you, we would only use it for a secondary purpose directly related to the primary purpose for collection, or with your consent.
We may also need to disclose personal information to contractors or partner companies from the Healthwork International group to provide you the service you requested. All contractors and Healthwork International companies comply with the Privacy Act. Your personal information would only be shared to the extent reasonably necessary to enable provision of the service, with no authorisation for any other use or function.
We do not otherwise share information between HealthWork International businesses.
We will only use your personal information for direct marketing purposes if we are permitted to do so under the Privacy Act, i.e. where the marketing relates to our core services, or if we provide you with an opt-out or unsubscribe option.
We do not disclose personal information to any individual or organisation outside Australia. If we transfer personal information to an overseas person or organisation, we will comply with the requirements of the Privacy Act that relate to overseas disclosures.
We do not identify any person by a government created identifier, although a system supporting our services may allocate a client number or other reference.
Storage and security of your personal information
HealthWork International takes all reasonable steps to keep your personal information secure, safe and protected from misuse, interference, loss or unauthorised access. Your information is stored on secure servers (electronic records) and in third party platforms and software using high standards of data protection. Some platforms may use servers located overseas, for example, HubSpot, Mighty Networks, Microsoft.
While this is the case, we cannot guarantee absolute security of your personal information.
By using our websites, you accept the use and installation of these cookies to provide you with these services.
Accessing your personal information
You have the right to access the personal information HealthWork international holds about you. To do so, please contact us at contact details below. We reserve the right to refuse you access to your personal information in the limited circumstances where this is permitted under the Privacy Act. For example, we may refuse access if your request would pose a serious threat to another’s health, would unreasonably impact on another, or is frivolous or vexatious.
Correction of your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure the personal information we hold about you is accurate, up-to-date and complete. If you wish to update or correct your personal information, please contact us. If, for some reason, we do not agree to amend your personal information in response to your request, you can request that we record a statement with your personal information to the effect that it is inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, and we will do that.
Email is our preferred mechanism of contact but you can also contact HealthWork International at:
HealthWork International Privacy Officer
Level 8, The Annex
12 Creek Street
Brisbane QLD 4000
If you choose to contact HealthWork International by mail, we recommend you register the mail item.
Problems or queries
If you have a question or complaint about HealthWork International’s privacy practices, please contact us. We take all aspects of privacy seriously and welcome your feedback.
We will investigate complaints promptly.
If you are not satisfied with our response or the outcome of an investigation of a privacy complaint, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au
For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au